Why Hire A PGA Golf Professional?
A PGA of Canada Professional has successfully completed the highest educational standards of any PGA Organization in the world. The modern PGA of Canada golf professional is continually recertified in all aspects of the golf industry with his/her focus directed toward one goal; to successfully manage all aspects of a golf facility. A strong golf and business background is essential in increasing the value and profitability of a golf course. A PGA of Canada golf professional dedicates their career to the promotion and business of golf, no other person has a better understanding of the ever changing golf industry.
Roles of a Golf Professional at a facility:
- Coordinate all course play including starting times and green fee control
- Oversee course etiquette and instruct members on the rules of golf
- Stage and conduct tournaments
- Develop golf programs for juniors, men, women, seniors and guests of the club
- Purchase, display and merchandise all Pro-Shop stock
- Employ new strategies in marketing, merchandising and promotion of the golf facility
- Implement and administrate all accounting systems for the facility
- Provide all services requested or required by the members and green fee players alike
Teacher / Coach
- Organize and conduct lesson plans for private individuals
- Instruct juniors and new players how to golf and enjoy the game
- Assist individuals in attaining their highest level of performance in order to achieve specific goals
- Professionally represent the club at all functions at the club and within the community
- Market and promote the club through green fee and membership drives
- Promote the club and the game of golf through junior instruction and tutelage
- Represent the course or facility in Professional events and tournaments
- Practice and play with the members of the club or facility
- Display and merchandise Pro-Shop stock attractively to increase retail revenue
- Offer unparalleled product knowledge on all golf related merchandise
Although golf professionals play many important roles, our primary goal is to establish the facility as a successful business operation. Through the extensive PGA of Canada apprenticeship program a golf professional learns to create and implement strategies to increase rounds and revenue. A professionally managed golf facility will generate greater overall profitability. There are many avenues that facilities and golf professionals can explore to accommodate a mutually beneficial agreement. Some facilities believe that a golf professional is financially out of their range, but after consulting with the PGA of Manitoba they realize that it is very possible to attain their first golf professional.
In follow up evaluations, facilities usually state that the extra revenue that their golf professional generated increased profit and revenues for the facility. Golf clubs and facilities will contact the PGA of Manitoba years before a golf professional is in place. If you believe that your club or facility may one day require the services of a PGA of Canada golf professional, please feel free to contact the PGA of Manitoba.