The PGA of Canada – Manitoba Zone provides the highest quality teachers, players, administrators, and promoters of the game, through superior training, education, and member development. It is with these skills and training, we have begun the Golf Professionals of Manitoba Foundation Inc.
The Foundation will give each student, who may not otherwise not have opportunity to play the game of golf, a great start to the sport by providing:
- Full Junior Membership privileges at a local course
- Golf Instruction – both private & in a group setting
- Equipment including
- Callaway Golf Club & Callaway Bag
- Footjoy Golf Glove & Titleist Golf Balls
- Adidas Clothing
- PING Cap
- Transportation if required
Future Pros Program – OVERVIEW
- The Future Pros Program is designed for students, aged 14-18, to provide them access a pathway to become a core golfer.
- Potential participants will go through the application process and must be approved by the PGA of Manitoba Foundation Inc. committee members.
- Successful applicants will be provided golf instruction, junior club membership and any essential equipment needed while being in the Future Pros program.
- As a PGA of Manitoba Foundation Inc. ‘Future Pro’ participant – students must adhere to all rules and regulations of the program in each year they are involved to remain eligible.
- Participants will be assigned by location to the golf course within the city that fits best
- The host Professional will enrol them in that clubs junior instruction programs and provide golf course and practice facility access while the Foundation will provide equipment.
- A ‘Future Pro’ will be considered a graduate of the program upon completion of the yearly requirements and their host professional has provided their final yearend report during their 18th birthday year.
REQUIREMENTS & RULES
- Successful participants must attend the mandatory Future Pros Program Orientation Session – date to be provided.
- Must participate in the junior group lesson program distinguished by the host professional for any ‘Future Pros’ participants
- Must participate in any other club programs that the host professional deems necessary. i.e. Club Championship, Etiquette seminars, other instruction programs, other junior events
- Must adhere to all club rules and regulations, most notably dress code
- Complete Future Pros application form in full
- Provide written letter (in application) detailing their interest and why they would be a good candidate
- Provide 2 references (ie: from teachers, coaches, etc)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Executive Director – PGA of Manitoba Foundation Inc.